Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The iTrip...in a phone.

Yes, you heard right. Have music you want to share with others using more than just your phone's built-in speakers? Broadcast it to the nearest radio or car stereo. Meet the LG LX550 (marketed and launched on Sprint as the "Fusic").

I'll have to see how I like it once it's in hand, but I'm not too crazy about it right now. It's an mp3 phone that with a stupid name, external playback keys that have been ripped right off the iPod, a shape and design that's remarkably like the Samsung A900 (or the "Blade," as it's marketed) and carries a built-in iTrip.

Despite the less-than-glowing initial impression, I think the iTrip bit is a cool concept for a phone, and convenient, even if it's not the ideal way of sharing music. I had an iTrip for a while and dealt with poor sound quality until the girlfriend decided to hook me up with a new car stereo that used an iPod dock connector. (Thanks! I still love it!) Unless you have a stereo with a jack that's iPod ready, there isn't an easier way to get your music on your car or stereo.

I don't really expect anyone to be lining up at a Sprint store to get it on Sunday, but if anyone does, let me know what you think.

No comments: