Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sony Ericsson w810i REVIEW UPDATE

Curious about how the camera works on this already reviewed device? Look no further. Get a glimpse at this baby's pix below.

In the review, I said that the camera didn't seem like it took pictures that looked as good as the photos taken with our old Nokia 6230i. I think that's because the photos we experimented with were all taken indoors (in a hospital, no less, with more fluorescent lighting than you can shake a stick at), and the color balance seemed WAY off on the SE (but, again, in hindsight that was probably due to hospital lighting). Here are some outdoor shots taken by the w810i. (I'm new to the whole reviewing thing, so I'll note taking comparison shots both indoors and outdoors for the next review.) Something else to note is that on the w810, you can choose and set how much light you want to capture in the shot (missing on the Nokia), rather like an F-stop on a traditional camera.

Up at a building;
Up at corporate art;
Building against another;
Wall Street sharks just hanging out.

Pretty impressive built-in camera, I'd say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Electronic memory,to me, is something that I seemingly will never have enough of. It's as if megabytes and gigabytes have become an inseparable part of my every day existence. Ever since I bought a Micro SD Card for my DS flash card, I've been on the constant lookout for large memory at low prices. I feel like I'm going insane.

(Submitted from Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.insanejournal.com/397.html]R4i DS[/url] qqPost)